- What information is collected and under what circumstances;
- Whether it is voluntary or involuntary;
- How that information is used;
- With whom that information will be shared, and under what circumstances; and,
- The ability of the authorized user to choose how that information is used, how it can be reviewed, and how it can be corrected.
This policy applies only to information collected, maintained and used by SWRE.com and does not apply to the collection and use practices of websites which users connect to through SWRE.com links, nor does it apply to information posted on SWRE.com that is provided by third parties. SWRE.com provides users with e-mail, contact forms, applications, etc. to facilitate the free flow of information among users and The Cooperative.
Collection of Information
- Personal information — Users may be asked to provide certain personally-identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify them. Personally-identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, name, account number, mailing address, birth date, full or partial Social Security Number, phone number, email address, financial information, etc. ("Personal Information"). If you choose to use online customer services, including online payment services and product or service enrollment, you will be asked to provide Personal Information as appropriate and necessary for the online services you have selected. Failure to provide the requested information may preclude the delivery of the service or information requested. This information is voluntary and the user can opt-out of providing this information by simply not providing it as requested. We cross-check the SSN provided with information already contained in our billing system to verify that an online user is, in fact, the individual associated with that account. This is a standard business precaution to ensure your privacy and security. Using positive identification helps protect you from fraudulent service requests and slamming. Any such information will be used exclusively by us, our employees, suppliers, agents and any applicable third party service providers required to set up your service or needed to respond to your requests.
- To verify the existence of the member’s electric service.
- To communicate with the member and handle requests made by the member.
- To compile research or statistical information that does not identify any member as an individual.
- To contact members about our products or services.
- To fulfill request by our members for information on other services.
Your personal information will not knowingly be shared with any other organization for commercial purposes. The Cooperative limits access to information or documents that contain your Social Security Number and ensures - to the extent practicable - the confidentiality of your Social Security Number.
- Web server log information — This is basic information that does not identify any specific individual that is collected on all user visits such as the domain from which SWRE.com website was accessed, IP address, type of browser or operating system, date, time, duration of access, pages visited, links visited, and the address of the web site from which SWRE.com was accessed. This information is automatically (involuntarily) collected and used to help SWRE.com improve and maintain the availability and usefulness of the websites for authorized users. This information is used in the aggregate for this purpose and no attempt is made to identify any specific individual. Users cannot opt-out of collection of this information, and it is not reviewable or correctable by the user because it is not personally identifiable information.
- Cookies — Cookies are another means by which SWRE.com collects similar basic information on all user visits that does not identify any specific individual and that shows how individual users utilize the website. Cookies are bits of information collected by the web server and transferred back to the authorized user’s computer hard drive. This information is used to help tailor or personalize the authorized user’s next visit and to otherwise manage and improve the website. This information is likewise used in the aggregate. This information is automatically (involuntarily) collected and no attempt is made to identify any specific individual. Users may not opt-out of the collection of this information but may be able to set their browsers to alert the user of the creation of a cookie and/or a means to deny acceptance of a cookie. This information is not reviewable or correctable by the user because it is not personally identifiable information.
- Requests for products/services/information — When users request products, services, or information from, or respond to surveys conducted by SWRE.com, personally identifying information such as name, internet address and contact information may be requested in order to complete the request. Failure to provide the requested information, however, may preclude the delivery of the product, service or information requested. This information is voluntary and the user can opt-out of providing this information by simply not providing it as requested. The user can also opt-out of any future use of this information for any other purpose such as notification of new services, products or information by contacting The Cooperative. Any personally identifiable information provided can be reviewed and corrected by the user.
Disclosure of Information
Any information collected and retained by SWRE.com WILL NOT be released to third parties except as indicated below:
- Any information needed by a contractor to perform services for SWRE.com will be disclosed to the contractor. Those contractors will be required by contract to observe the same privacy protections that apply to SWRE.com.
- Any information required by SWRE employees to respond to a user’s request for products, services, or information will be shared with the appropriate employees. Unless an election is made to opt-out, any information provided when authorized users request services, products, or information or respond to surveys conducted by SWRE.com, will be made available to appropriate personnel within SWRE in order to offer those users other products, services, or information they might find useful.
- Any necessary information will be disclosed to appropriate personnel within SWRE for purposes of implementing new services and making users aware of website features, improvements, modifications, etc.
- Any necessary information will be disclosed to any appropriate internal or external authorities in order to identify and pursue remedies against users who attempt to damage, misuse, or otherwise interfere with SWRE.com operations or to otherwise protect the legal interests of SWRE and its website, SWRE.com, or any other websites so developed by and for SWRE's use.
- Any necessary information required to respond to properly issued legal processes such as search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas will be disclosed to the appropriate requesting authorities. SWRE will make every reasonable effort to limit such disclosures.
Southwest Rural Electric Association, Inc. (SWRE), as owner of this communication service, has implemented best business practice technical, administrative, and physical security methodologies in order to protect its legal interests, against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure of all information collected and maintained by the SWRE.com website.
As a critical part of that security methodology, SWRE monitors any and all communications and data traversing the website. That monitoring may include actual content of those communications and data as necessary.
While no information is absolutely safe in an electronic environment, by implementing best business practice security methodology, SWRE has taken reasonable steps to secure information collected, retained and used. SWRE is not responsible for information security breaches caused by the illegal or unauthorized acts of any individual.
Review and Correction of Collected Information
Authorized users of the SWRE.com website may review and correct as needed or desired any sensitive, non-personally identifiable information or personally identifiable information collected or retained by SWRE by contacting the SWRE Marketing Department by mail (P.O. Box 310, Tipton, OK 73570).
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the SWRE Marketing Department by mail (P.O. Box 310, Tipton, OK 73570).