2020 Operation Round Up Grant Disbursements
Southwest Rural Electric (SWRE) members have once again gone above and beyond for their neighbors through SWRE’s charitable foundation, Operation Round Up (ORU). The foundation recently awarded $49,050 to 18 nonprofits and civic groups in Oklahoma and Texas. Benefitting organizations included:
- Southwest Oklahoma Community Action Group Head Start
- Operation C.A.R.E. Jackson County
- Salvation Army of Altus
- Great Plains Literacy Council
- Altus Public Schools Child Nutrition Program
- Southwest Baptist Churches Assembly
- Warren Senior Citizens
- Tipton Volunteer Fire Department
- Tipton Public Schools
- Tipton FFA Booster Club
- Tipton Chamber of Commerce
- Tillman County EMS District
- Tillman County Historical Society
- Friends of Snyder Public Library
- Boys & Girls Club of Vernon
- Cupboard by Grace Vernon, TX
- Salvation Army of Vernon
- Northside FFA
The donations were made possible by SWRE members who “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest whole dollar. The rounded-up change accumulates over the year and allows the ORU board of directors to distribute grants to organizations and individuals in need within SWRE’s service territory. Many SWRE members and non-members also participate in the Round Up PLUS program, increasing their regular monthly contribution or making one-time donations. Since the foundation was established in 2018, $114,050 in grants have been given back to SWRE communities.
In addition to the annual grant program, ORU also makes emergency donations to SWRE members affected by natural disasters or other unforeseen circumstances throughout the year.
Mark your calendars! ORU grant applications will open August 1 – October 1, 2021. If you would like to enroll your account(s) into Operation Round Up or make a one-time or recurring donation through Round Up PLUS, please contact SWRE at 1-800-256-7973.