Grannie's Candied Sweet Potatoes
This delicious recipe was submitted by our Technology Specialist, Chandler Lingle. It’s his favorite recipe and comes from his Grandmother's kitchen.
5-6 good-sized sweet potatoes
1 stick real butter (with salt)
1/2 C warm water
3 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1. Peel and wash sweet potatoes; slice about 1/4” thick.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add warm water.
3. Add sliced sweet potatoes to the pan. Gently stir in all the sugar.
4. Reduce heat to LOW and cover with a lid.
5. Cook until the potatoes are almost falling apart (about an hour).
6. Stir in vanilla, remove from heat.